Whether you’re just starting to teach ATM® classes or you’ve been doing it for a while, RETURNING TO THE SOURCE (RTTS) will take your abilities to the next level.
In RTTS, you learn the conceptual tools needed to easily and reliably figure out what's behind lessons, that is to say, you'll understand how each ATM makes learning possible and what it has to teach. You also develop the skills required to teach ATM to its full potential.
When you know what’s behind a lesson — what holds it together and what makes it work — you can teach with poise and calm conviction.
When you know what’s behind a lesson, you will:
- Know what to look for and why.
- Understand what each ATM has to teach.
- Better bring out your students' ability to learn.
- Improve your observational acuity
RETURNING TO THE SOURCE is comprehensive
Deepen your personal practice and your professional acumen
Experience a seamless six-week series
of the timeless lessons
Moshe Feldenkrais chose to introduce
his method to the world in the book,
Awareness Through Movement, including SEE-SAW BREATHING, DEAD BIRD, and COORDINATING FLEXORS & EXTENSORS, etc.
Do each lesson live online
then, after a brief break,
participate in a state-of-the-art lab.
Improve how you move!
play sports and musical instruments,
and walk, run, and dance.
A few days after each Lesson + Lab,
join Larry & your colleagues for an
in-depth tour of the ATM:
Decode the lesson's design for learning by unpacking the composition and identifying the teaching tactics.
Debrief the class and consider how the ATM lesson contributes to the series.
Develop your skills by applying ideas, trying out tactics, and practice new abilities with your classmates.
What do you get when you sign up for RTTS?
Do either live ATM from the comfort of your home, office, studio, or wherever you happen to be.
Participate in live interactive exercises that bring your learning into your life.
Decode the structure of the lesson Debrief the teaching process Develop your abilities.
Continue your learning between class meetings with weekly assignments and learning resources.
Access the recordings of each week's Lesson+Lab and 3-D sessions.
Access multiple recordings of these six ATMs from previous RTTS courses.
Discuss your experiences, ask questions, And interact with classmates.
Share the recordings, online school, digital library, and discussion forum with your study buddy.
1. What is the RTTS Plus One option?
RTTS Plus One allows you to grant a study buddy access to the recordings of each week's Lesson+Lab and Backstage Pass sessions, audio recordings of previous recordings of the ATM classes and mini-workshops, online school assignments, and forum discussions.
2. Who counts as a study buddy?
You can designate any Feldenkrais colleague who has a MIMO Become a Better Teacher account as your study buddy.
3. Can my Plus One participate in the live sessions?
Only one of you can participate in live sessions. If you can't make it to a session, your study buddy can take your place.
4. Why are you doing this?
We're offering the Plus One option because we are committed to fostering communities of learners.
"Just because you have to learn for yourself, doesn't mean you have to learn by yourself."
More questions? Click here to access the RTTS FAQ.
(Maximum enrollment per class is 25)
Access the recording if you couldn't make.
Tuesdays | Lesson+Lab A
9:30 to 11:00 AM California time
— break —
Wednesdays | Lesson+Lab B
7:00 to 8:30 California time
— break —
(Maximum enrollment per class is 12)
If you can't make, you'll get access to the videos and the descriptions of each exercise
You can work on them on your own, with a classmate, or with your study buddy.
9:30 to 11:15 AM California time
11 October to 8 November
6 December 2019
5:15 to 7:00 PM California time
12 October to 9 November
7 December 2019
9:30 to 11:15 AM California time
13 October to 10 November 2019
8 December 2019
6 ATM lessons and 6 labs
Audio recording of each lesson and videos of the labs
Audio recordings of 12 ATMs from previous RTTS courses
Audio recordings of 3 half-day, three lesson mini-workshops from previous RTTS courses
RETURNING TO THE SOURCE
included in the Lesson+Lab plan plus
6 live Backstage Pass sessions
Video recordings of each session
Weekly online school assignments
RTTS discussion forum
RTTS plus Coaching
Everything included in the RETURNING TO THE SOURCE plan plus . . .
3 hours of individual coaching and personal supervision with MIM's founder Larry Goldfarb, CFT, Ph.D.
Schedule at your convenience between now and 30 March 2020
(Only 3 available)
Tuition and Participation Policy
- There are no credits or refunds for any missed classes.
- By registering for this class, you also acknowledge that 20% of your tuition is a non-refundable administrative fee.
- Cancellation between the day of enrollment and up to 31 (thirty-one) days before the first class, your tuition minus the down payment will be refunded.
- Cancellations between 30 – 7 calendar days prior to the first day of class 50% of the total tuition will be refunded.
- No refunds will be given for any cancellations received after 7 calendar days before the course begins.
- No Risk Guarantee: If, after attending and participating in the first week, you do not want to continue, and if you notify the instructor before the start of the second week of instruction, we will refund 100% of your tuition no questions asked within 7 business days
- When you sign up for the course, you must agree to the participation agreement before you are taken to the payment page.