BEHIND THE CURTAIN Fall 2019
Become a better, more effective and more successful Awareness Through Movement® teacher
BEHIND THE CURTAIN is comprehensive
Deepen your personal practice and your professional acumen
Experience a seamless six-week series
of the timeless lessons
Moshe Feldenkrais chose to introduce
his method to the world in the book,
Awareness Through Movement, including SEE-SAW BREATHING, DEAD BIRD, and COORDINATING FLEXORS & EXTENSORS, etc.
Do each lesson live online
then, after a brief break,
participate in a state-of-the-art lab.
Improve how you move!
play sports and musical instruments,
and walk, run, and dance.
A few days after each Lesson + Lab,
join Larry & your colleagues for an
in-depth consideration of the ATM:
Delve into how to understand, track, and build on the ways your students learn so that you can teach them rather than the lesson.
Debrief the class, considering the opportunities it presents and how to leverage them for learning.
Develop your skills by applying ideas, trying out tactics, and practice new abilities with your classmates.
What do you get when you sign up for BTC?
Do either live ATM from the comfort of your home, office, studio, or wherever you happen to be.
Participate in live interactive exercises that bring your learning into your life.
Decode the structure of the lesson Debrief the teaching process Develop your abilities.
Continue your learning between class meetings with weekly assignments and learning resources.
Access the recordings of each week's Lesson+Lab and 3-D sessions.
Access multiple recordings of these six ATMs from previous BTC courses.
Discuss your experiences, ask questions, And interact with classmates.
Share the recordings, online school, digital library, and discussion forum with your study buddy.
1. What is the BTC Plus One option?
BTC Plus One allows you to grant a study buddy access to the recordings of each week's Lesson+Lab and Backstage Pass sessions, audio recordings of previous recordings of the ATM classes and mini-workshops, online school assignments, and forum discussions.
2. Who counts as a study buddy?
You can designate any Feldenkrais colleague who completed BEHIND THE CURTAIN and has a current MIMO Become a Better Teacher account as your study buddy.
3. Can my Plus One participate in the live sessions?
Only one of you can participate in live sessions. Your welcome to invite your study buddy to join for the Lesson+Lab in person. If you can't make it to a Backstage Pass session, your study buddy can take your place.
4. Why are you doing this?
We're offering the Plus One option because we are committed to fostering communities of learners. We learn better when we learn together.
"Just because you have to learn for yourself, doesn't mean you have to learn by yourself."
You'll be able to access the recording soon after the session.
Wednesdays | Lesson+Lab
9:30 to 11:00 AM California time
9 October to 6 November
4 December 2019
You can work on them on your own, with a classmate, or with your study buddy.
9:30 to 11:15 AM California time
12 October to 9 November
7 December 2019
BEHIND THE CURTAIN
Everything included in the Lesson+Lab plan plus . . .
6 live Backstage Pass sessions
Video recordings of each session
Weekly online school assignments
BTC discussion forum
BTC plus Coaching
Everything included in the BEHIND THE CURTAIN plan plus . . .
3 hours of individual coaching and personal supervision with MIM's founder Larry Goldfarb, CFT, Ph.D.
Schedule at your convenience between now and 30 March 2020
(Only 3 available)
Tuition and Participation Policy
- There are no credits or refunds for any missed classes.
- By registering for this class, you also acknowledge that 20% of your tuition is a non-refundable administrative fee.
- Cancellation between the day of enrollment and up to 31 (thirty-one) days before the first class, your tuition minus the down payment will be refunded.
- Cancellations between 30 – 7 calendar days prior to the first day of class 50% of the total tuition will be refunded.
- No refunds will be given for any cancellations received after 7 calendar days before the course begins.
- No Risk Guarantee: If, after attending and participating in the first week, you do not want to continue, and if you notify the instructor before the start of the second week of instruction, we will refund 100% of your tuition no questions asked within 7 business days
- When you sign up for the course, you must agree to the participation agreement before you are taken to the payment page.